Alex’s extensive legal experience focuses on probate, trust, and guardianship litigation. He is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as an “AV” attorney, the highest rating, has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters and recognized as a Florida Legal Elite attorney throughout the years. He actively speaks on probate, trust, and guardianship law and participates in The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section. He is also an active member of the Orange County Bar’s Estate, Trust and Guardianship Committee where he serves on the Steering Committee.
Alex is admitted to The Florida Bar and is also admitted to practice in federal court before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Southern District of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
He earned his J.D. degree, with honors, from the Florida State University College of Law. He holds a B.A. degree, with honors, from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Alex and his wife, Maureen, live in Maitland and are members of All Saints Episcopal Church in Winter Park. They have two sons, AJ (graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy) and Averey (attending Florida State University) and one daughter, Grace (attending University of Florida). Alex’s interests include boating, camping with family, and amateur radio.
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh District
- J.D, with honors, The Florida State University College of Law
- The F.S.U. Law School Moot Court
- B.A., with honors, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Probate Law and Procedure Committee of The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of the Probate Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Central Florida Estate Planning Council
- Florida Bar RPPTL Conference,
- Florida Law Update 2021 Seminar, “Elder Law & Estate Planning Updates”
- The Florida Bar Journal, “Where the Presumption of Undue Influence Should Not Apply: Consider the ‘Dutiful Son’ and the ‘Dutiful Daughter’ Exceptions
- Swearing in a Witness Remotely (link)
- How to Protect Yourself as a Trustee
- Financial Exploitation: Florida Law Provides Power Help for Seniors
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- 2015-2020, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, Thomson Reuters
- 2016-2020 Legal Elite Attorney, Florida Trend Magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV