Maytel is a seasoned attorney and Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, fluent in Spanish, with more than 25 years of experience helping clients navigate the complexities of family dynamics when it comes to estate planning, probate, trusts and guardian advocacy.
Active and well-known in the Lake Nona community, she is a Co-Founder of the Nona Professional Ladies, part of the Lake Nona Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Diversity Committee, where she also serves on the Legal Committee. She is also an active member of the Lake Nona Chapter of WOAMTEC and Crema de Nona.
She received her J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida Levin School of Law and her B.S.B.A., with high honors, from the University of Central Florida. She is a member of both the Orange County and Hispanic Bar Associations. Her pro bono work includes serving as a guardian ad litem and teen court advisor as well as volunteering with the Legal Aid Society.
Maytel, her husband and twin sons enjoy being active members of their Lake Nona community. The entire family enjoys water activities such as wakeboarding, boating, and scuba. When not cheering for the University of Florida, where her sons attend college, she can be found at the gym or honing her ax throwing skills.
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida Levin School of Law
- B.S.B.A., Business, with honors, University of Central Florida
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida
- Member, Lake Nona Regional Chamber of Commerce; Co-Founder of Nona Professional Ladies; Member of the Chamber’s Diversity and Legal Committees.
- Member, WOMATEC, Lake Nona Chapter
- Member, Crema de Nona
- Member, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Nona Leadership Network
- Legal Aid Society, Orange County Bar Association
- Teen Court Advisor
- Orange County Bar Family Mediation Program