Scott is a transactional attorney who represents commercial developers, home builders, land buyers and sellers, landlords, tenants, and local governments. A golf professional prior to attending law school, Scott also specializes in representing clients in golf course development and re-development matters. He gained extensive experience handling a wide variety of legal matters when he served as in-house counsel of the Fortune 500 company, KB Home, one of the nation’s largest home builders. In addition, Scott’s experience includes extensive transactional work with two national law firms in their Orlando offices. He presently serves as City Attorney for the City of Ocoee, Florida.
He attended the University of Central Florida and graduated with a B.A. degree, cum laude, in Business Management prior to earning his J.D. degree, cum laude, at the University of Florida College of Law.
Scott and his wife, Juli, have three children, Evan, Courtney and Jace. Scott and Juli enjoy playing golf and other sports, as well as traveling, particularly to Latin American, Central American and South American locations. Scott and his family are active in their local church and community. On Saturdays in the fall, they cheer for the Florida Gators.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida College of Law
- B.A., cum laude, University of Central Florida College of Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Greater Orlando Builders Association
- Member, Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
- Member, Association of Police Attorneys
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Former volunteer coordinator, Special Olympics of Florida
- Past District Chairman and past Chartered Organizational Representative for The Boy Scouts of America
- Past President and Board Member, Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida
- Past Board Member, Quest, Inc.
- Past General Counsel, The First Tee of Central Florida
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- 2015 – 2023, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report
- Past Recipient of the Lynford Lardner Award for outstanding community involvement
- Conversational in Spanish