Stephanie Cook handles a wide variety of fiduciary litigation matters including probate and trust litigation and contested guardianship cases. She was named a Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015, 2016 and 2017 and a Florida Super Lawyer in 2019, 2020, and 2021 by a selection process that rates attorneys based upon a comprehensive three-part review process and is limited to no more than five percent of Florida’s attorneys. She was also nominated for Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite in 2017 and 2019.
Stephanie is admitted to the Florida Bar, and she is also admitted to practice in the federal court before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Stephanie earned her J.D. degree from Barry University School of Law in 2007 graduating Valedictorian of her law class. She holds a B.A. degree from Mississippi College.
Living in the Dr. Phillips area of southwest Orlando, Stephanie and her husband Randy Cook are members of First Baptist Church of Orlando. She enjoys spending time with her husband and children, including time on the lake and at the beach.
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Valedictorian, Barry University School of Law
- Barry University School of Law Student of the Year
- Barry Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- Book Awards for Trial Advocacy, Florida Constitutional Law; Wills, Trusts, and Estates; Administrative Law; and Conflicts of Law; Moot Court Honors Board Member; Moot Court Honors Board Most Valuable Advocate
- Moot Court Honors Board Outstanding Graduate
- Second Place, Region V Moot Court National Competition
- Argued an amicus brief before the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces in U.S. v. Long, 64 M.J. 57,
- B.A., Mississippi College
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, The Orange County Bar Association
- Member, The Orange County Judicial Relations committee
- Steering Committee, The Orange County Bar Estate Guardianship Trust Section
- Member, The Probate Law and Procedure Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, The Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, The Guardianship, Power of Attorneys and Advance Directives Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, Dr. Phillips Rotary Club
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- 2019-2021 Florida Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- 2015-2017, Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers
- 2016,Up and Comer, Legal Elite
- 2017 & 2019, Legal Elite Attorney by Florida Trend Magazine