Litigation Legal Assistant – Job Description
A full-service business, AV-Rated law firm, has an immediate need in our Orlando office for a Litigation Assistant in our Litigation section. The successful candidate will be a team player, assisting attorneys with a wide range of real estate transactions. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorneys, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for a team case review.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enter attorney’s billable time
- Organize and track files from case documents and make them available and easily accessible to attorneys.
- Any other administrative responsibilities requested of the attorney within the scope of the law firm practice
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurances, short- and long-term disability, 401(k), wellness plan, PTO, and free garage parking. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a state background check. Phone calls and walk-ins will not be accepted, please submit a resume to the attention of Mark Bridgeman @ [email protected].
The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth running of the office and effective case management by providing legal services in the litigation department, under the supervision of an attorney. This individual will communicate frequently with the clients to serve them adequately. Additionally, this candidate will conduct necessary case research to aid the legal proceedings.
Guided and directed by Core Values, the firm continually strives for: EXCELLENCE · RELATIONSHIPS · COMMUNICATIONS · TEAMWORK · BALANCE.
The job offer will be contingent on the successful passing of the background check. Compensation commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers benefits options, including 100%.
Job type – Full Time on site.