Megan is an accomplished litigator with trial experience in both state and federal courts. Her practice is focused on facilitating aggressive strategies on her client’s behalf by litigating the enforceability of restrictive covenants, seeking maximum recovery for breach of contracts against employees, vendors, third parties, and employers, and defending companies in a myriad of employment litigation matters including Fair Labor Standards Act violations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration compliance, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission claims, Department of Labor claims, Florida’s Civil Rights Act, Retaliation claims, Unfair Labor Practices claims, and the Americans with Disabilities Act claims. Megan also handles transactional employment law matters including updating handbooks and policies, drafting employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and other documents needed to safeguard her client’s business interests.
Megan is admitted to The Florida Bar, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Southern District of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. She is also admitted to The Georgia Bar, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, The Georgia Supreme Court, and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
She earned her J.D. degree from Valparaiso University School of Law. She holds a B.A. degree from Berry College.
A Florida native, the draw of being closer to family brought Megan back home to the Orlando area. In her free time, she loves cooking and exploring the city with her daughter, Madeleine, and husband, Matt.
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- State of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law
- B.A., Berry College
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Volunteer, Food for Thought
- Volunteer, Alaqua Animal Rescue
- “Medical Marijuana Panel,” Florida’s Restaurant and Lodging Association, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- “Preventing Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace,” Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts, Niceville, Florida
- “Medical Marijuana and the Impacts on Worker’s Compensation Claims,” The Bean Team, 30A TV, Miramar Beach, Florida
- “Americans with Disabilities Act, Title III Pitfalls to Avoid”, The AALI